Thursday, December 9, 2010

Portkey thoughts...

Katie tells me that I should do a Quidditch blog.  I've been meaning to do a blog for a while but I haven't had much to write about. Until recently...

Before I go any further allow myself to introduce...myself.  My name is Richie Cunningham and this is my wife Oprah.  Seriously my name is Jared and I am the co-founder, co-coach, and co-captain of the New York Badassilisks.   Currently one of the few IQA Muggle Quidditch teams that isn't attached to a college or high school.   To save myself time I have linked the teams history so far. Our Wiki Page. While I will be talking about the progress of the Badassilisks this journal is more about the effect the team has on me and my life.  This experience has been one of the craziest adventures I have ever agreed to go on and it gets more and more interesting.  Before I get into all of that let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm 34 and I live in Queens.  I work for a gym.  I don't do it because I necessarily need the gymployment but because I lost 130 pounds and I like being in that environment. 

I have a wonderful and supportive girlfriend named Meret.  To quote South Park she is my muse and my flame.  She is twice as interesting as she is beautiful.  If you ever watched the Blind Melon video for No Rain I am the bumblebee girl and she is my bumblebee people.  She understands that I have unique interests.  We met because I needed a partner for a scavenger hunt race.  After that we have run and completed the Men's Health Urbanathlon, 2 half marathons and a number of other races together.  She is currently in Germany on work assignment. 

Katie who I have already referred to is the reason that there is a "co" in front of all the my titles.  We formed the team together.  We met because of Quidditch (the non IQA variety) .  She ran my first Ultramarathon with me.  I'll talk more about her when I profile each member of the team. 

To make my only Harry Potter reference in this particular post.  Starting this team has been like grabbing a Portkey.  Right now I feel like I have been yanked by my waist and currently I am spinning.  I am excited, and scared of where this will take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment